- small mixing bowl
- 1 env. unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup hot water
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- Add one envelope of unflavored gelatin to 1/4 cup hot water. Stir to dissolve gelatin.
- Let the mixture sit for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, mix together 3 tablespoons of sugar, 1/2 cup of cornstarch, and 1 3/4 cups of cold water. Stir well.
- Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until thickened.
- Remove from heat and stir in the gelatin mixture.
- Add 1/4 cup of liquid dishwashing soap.
- Stir and let cool.
- Divide mixture into portions and tint with drops of food coloring.
- Test bath paint carefully before use to avoid skin allergies and stains on bathroom fixtures.
- Bath paint may leave a residue but should clean up easily with mild bathroom cleaner.