The reviewer has been compensated in the form of a Best Buy Gift Card and/or received the product/service at a reduced price or for free.
Do you play music on your speakers, new or old, wirelessly from your phone, laptop or tablet? I know I do. The downside at times, is that I have on my phone and then someone calls and the kids can’t listen. Chromecast audio solves the problem. I can stream the music through the Wi-Fi and have music even if on the phone. I use my bluetooth speaker, but if you walk to far from it, it doesn’t work anymore. With Wi-Fi it works all the time. So you don’t have to worry about where you walk when in the house. I love listening to my music all the time. Now I can listen with no interruptions.
I have set this up with my stereo system as well. I can now have my phone going and listen on the entertainment system. It is fun to mess with people when you do that. They don’t realize that i can control it, and when music changes they are confused.
Because Chromecast Audio uses WiFi instead of Bluetooth, you can stream crystal clear hi res sound.
1) Listen to your favorite tunes on your speaker
○ By using your phone, it’s easy to play, pause, or change the volume from anywhere in the home. And while streaming, you can still text or call without interrupting what’s playing or draining your battery.
2) Crystal clear sound, powered by the cloud
○ Use Chromecast Audio to stream over Wi-Fi which has many advantages over Bluetooth including higher sound quality.
3) Enjoy hundreds of your favorite audio apps
○ Stream millions of songs, radio stations, and podcasts through apps like Pandora, Spotify, YouTube Music, and Google Play Music. Find more at chromecast.com/apps
4) Play music everywhere with Multi-room
○ Now you can easily fill every room in your home with synchronous music. Simply group Chromecast Audio devices together so you can listen to the same song on multiple speakers.